Tuesday, September 07, 2010

The Pain

It can always find me, no matter where I go
I never can hide from its long haunted reach
Always staying close to me and never far from my home
Pain is ever present, ready to teach.

It carved half of my sight from out of my face
Its searing hot crooked blades shot through my head
I'm slowed down alot now, I'm outta the race
But I have my reasons to rise from my bed.

But there's pain, always pain
It reminds you you're alive
That you're not yet gonna die
And that's pain.

They shot X-Ray through my sick and dying chest
And they pumped toxic chemicals straight through my vains
Pain had its fun, it made me a mess
Made me feel like my body was held down in chains.

But I got 20 years before it did its worst damage
My heart just gave me troubles, but nothing I can't manage

But there's pain, always pain
It reminds you you're alive
That you're not yet gonna die
And that's pain.

1 comment: