Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Jarring Moment

I don't know if you have ever had one of these moments happen to you.  But when it does it is disconcerting and disorienting and really annoying at the same time.  The moment I'm referring to is that which you catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror, or  window or some reflection of yourself, and you don't recognize yourself for a minute.  For a brief moment you are puzzled at the person in the reflection.  Then to your horror you realize it is you!  I believe that this is something that happens to oneself as you age because you have this image of yourself as a younger person.  The reflection you see is the reality.  The aging you.  I don't mind getting old but why does your mind take so long to get along with the program?  Why does it lag behind and think we ae still that 28 year old?  I guess thats wat keeps us going so long.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment