Friday, August 28, 2009

Furniture Shopping


I had a family room built (as you know if you have followed my blog-see pics in previous posts). It has been completed since about April or May. It stands empty. Why you ask? Because we need to go furniture shopping. We need to allocate funds for shopping and we need to come up with a floor plan for the furniture. These are all very hard things to accomplish apparently. Whatever happened to the good old days when you went out, looked at one store and bought a living room set for $900.00? Now everything is super expen$ive and the sales people are all interior designers, (how'd that happen?) who want to come to your house to see your floor plan and match your other peices. Huh? Everything is an "accessory" or an "investment". I just want a place to sit and watch the game. When did this becoame so hard. I feel like furniture shopping has become the new car shopping. It has that greasy feeling to it and it makes me sweat when I hear the financing terms. As a matter of fact, I think this next set of furniture will be as much as I paid for my first new car! Crazy stuff.

4 comments:

  1. And because you wanna go and make fun of Ikea, this is why you don't have a sofa.

    Why don't you just get a bean bag chair and call it a night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Chuck. I don't update anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember that car................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spacify is one of the best quality online furniture stores. Now a days most of the customers do furniture shopping through online.

    ReplyDelete