Friday, May 02, 2008

Worry

Worry is a wasteful activity. My sister told me she spends 5 to 10 minutes a day worrying about the things she feels merit it, then she puts it behind her and gets on with the day. I guess that's a good attitude. I try to spend little time worrying about things I can't control. I feel that if I have done my best work, made my best decisions, then worrying is pointless. My wife on the other hand worries about everything. She tries to see each action through to every foreseeable conclusion. She can't fathom an outcome that she didn't calculate. Surprises are not something she relishes. She needs to know and control the event so that each conclusion is logically and neatly tied up and handily packed away, categorized and filed.
That's not the way life runs.
I roll with it.