Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Annoying Women on the Bus

The 6:50 AM bus is usually a quiet commute into New York City. Most people shuffle into their seats and either open their papers and read or drift off to sleep for another 45 minutes before starting their hectic day. Today was not one of those days. Two women dressed in Gucci prostitute wear stepped into the bus talking loudly enough so everyone could hear them and decided to sit directly behind me. One had a voice that sounded like she had been smoking cigarettes and drinking whisky all night. The two of them discussed such banal topics it made my head spin. It was impossible not to hear them because they talked to each other so loudly. They were discussing how ugly the color of the MetroCard was for goodness sake! I couldn't take it anymore. I was tempted to say something, but rather than get into an argument with these mental midgets, I stuck my MP3 player earphones firmly in my ears and turned the volume way up loud and tried to drown the nonsense they were talking about out of my ears. I could barely hear them after that. I then didn't have to go Cyclops on them!