Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Feeling Better

My oldest daughter had to get braces so that meant cutting back somewhere in the budget. I chose my health club. After about 6 years of going to NYSC, I dropped it and started working out at home. I knew I had to really start cutting back on my eating because I wasn't going to have the equipment I was used to using. Well, after about 8 months of home training and eating right I lost about 50 lbs. I feel better and I can jog longer than when I was at the gym. When I first started out at home I set out a 2 mile course on which to do my aerobic training. Well I could barely walk it never mind jog it. Slowly, very slowly, I was able to jog parts of it and then walk. Today I ran the entire way except for a steep incline in one part. But I was able to walk briskly up it and begin running quickly. I recovered quickly where as a month ago I was dragging myself up that hill and barely able to breathe. I was worried that my bypass was going wrong and my heart was regressing, but I feel myself getting stronger as I lose more weight. I want to continue this because I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment